If you’re taking your family on a trip to the UK, or you live in the UK but your family needs UK attractions for the family as a well-deserved vacation, we got you!
There are lots of attractions for a family that everyone should experience in the UK.
There are exciting activities like exploring highlands, visiting castles, and fun things to do at zip world.
You could take the family to a vintage Amstrad, meet Daddy Pig or even drive around a digger, eat as many chocolates at Cadbury World, get to explore new heights on the Blackpool Tower.
We’ve put together a collection of amazing attractions in the UK, that are going to keep the kids entertained and excited, whatever the weather, whatever their age.
Drenched in years of the history of the dark ages, Warwick Castle possesses glamorous interiors, ornate towers, fascinating battle stories, and a complete host of exciting activities and shows for your whole family to experience.
Enter the old Castle Dungeons and explore the ghastly memories of the Castle, narrated through live actors and special effects.
Get off track in the Horrid Histories maze, check out the Magnificent Trebuchet (a huge catapult and the world’s biggest working blockade machine), or find out how dreams really can come true when you meet the princess at the princess tower.
Rush headfirst into a galaxy of chocolate delights and enjoy an exciting, fun-filled day out at Cadbury World! You’ll see and learn how your favorite chocolate is made, run around in chocolate rain, you even get to add your favorite flavor to a yummy pot of melted Cadbury Dairy Milk.
You can join the fun Cadbury characters to go on an adventurous and exciting journey in the Chocolate adventure cinema as well, where you fly boats in the Crunchie Rollercoaster, shoot to the skies in a Cadbury Creme airship, and so on — following directives from the Caramel Bunny.
There’s a lot to see and do for your whole family as you find the fascinating world of Cadbury! They have all-sorts of combination breaks; like the Cadbury and Safari, Halloween and Christmas!
ALNWICK CASTLE, NORTHUMBERLAND.
Alnwick Castle will look good on your family pictures, since its appearance in Harry Potter films as Hogwarts and Downton Abbey. Try your hands at archery, fly a broomstick because why not? or you could even catch an outdoor production of Shakespeare.
The magical Alnwick Garden, created by castle owner the Duchess of Northumberland, features a restaurant called the Treehouse, 18 meters above the ground, in lime trees.
The Blackpool tower, which has been a tourist hotspot for years, is still one of the best family attractions in the UK! You can start with a trip to the interactive 4D cinema, find out the life and history of this magical tower with the eyes of a Blackpool seagull!
Go up through the lift to the top of the tower, there you can take in the beautiful views of the well-known Blackpool Promenade through the Blackpool Tower Eye then take a walk of faith over the exciting SkyWalk which happens to be a five-centimeter thick glass viewing platform.
WATER AND BEACH SPORTS (ISLE OF WIGHT GURU)
If your clan likes cold water and won’t complain about falling in it then there are a lot of fun water sports to choose from in the Isle of Wight guru. Some have age restrictions, but if your kids are older than 8-9, there are some pretty good options.
- Do your kids love sports on water? There watersports equipment available for rent Wight Water Adventure Watersports — ideal for kids that are under 8. It’s located in the East Wight.
- paddleboard hire, a nice, cheap option is to hire a kayak from some tanned guy putting on a bum bag. Shanklin is the best bet here. You’ll pay about £10 to hire a kayak.
- Tackt-Isle Adventures, in St Helens, offer sailing and windsurfing for kids aged 8+ and kayaking for 9+
- Bayside Beach, which is based in Sandown, offer kayaking, paddleboarding and pedalos for 5+
- UK Sailing Academy, offers exciting days for 7-15-year-olds only during most school holidays
- iSurf gives surfing and paddleboarding lessons. They have a van, which means they go wherever the surf is. They have the main hut in Sandown where they offer surfboards and paddleboards for hire.
- Sandown Beach has paddleboards and surfboards for hire.
- Another hiring place in Sandown that has standup paddleboards and kayaks is Westside beach.
- Cove Kayaks hires out kayaks, bodyboards and surfboards from Steephill Cove.
- Two Elements offers paddleboards daily instead of hourly.
- SupDog is also a place in Colwell that offers paddleboard hire.
MADAME TUSSAUDS, LONDON
Whether your children want to take a picture with the Queen, cuddle and pet Mo Farah, or sing with Beyoncé on stage, Madame Tussauds is the one to go to, it is said that Madame Tussauds can bring their dreams to realization, in way.
The attraction’s sculpted images of famous football stars, royalty, pop stars, and actors are way more compelling than ever, arranged against glamourous sets to make your teen’s selfies all the more Insta-worthy. After having tea with the stars you can rest up and relax like a celeb at the Treehouse Hotel in Marylebone, where hard concrete and historical furniture collide with jungle foliage and views of the sky.
DRAYTON MANOR PARK AND THOMAS LAND
As a popularly, widely loved and known family attraction, Drayton Manor Park puts together adrenaline-inducing and exciting rides, providing for all the adventurers, they also have a conservation zoo and action-filled activities throughout the year making it a top-notch family day out!
Traverse the exquisite world of Thomas the Tank Engine in UK’s only Thomas Land, promoting fun-packed roller coasters suitable for the small thrill-seekers of your clan! Then look into the 4D cinema with 152 seats or check out the 15-acre zoo.
These and lots more are the amazing attractions in the UK for your family.