Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, also known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship scheme for the meritorious and economically backward students of West Bengal studying at the higher secondary level, undergraduate level, postgraduate level, and above.
Revamped in the year 2016, the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship now comes with a significantly increased number of seats and enhanced rewards. Administered by the Government of West Bengal, the sanctioned amount of scholarship from this year onwards has been increased from INR 45 Crore to INR 2,000 Crore.
The scholarship has been helping to provide financial assistance to the students. Mainly the students facing financial challenges are getting benefits from the scholarship. Functional under the Government of West Bengal, this scholarship is an initiative to encourage studies at UG/PG/M.Phil. /Doctoral level within the state.
Common Eligibility Criteria for Swami vivekananda scholarship:
The following common eligibility criteria have been finalized by the concerned authorities of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship:
- You must be a resident of West Bengal.
- You must be pursuing studies at the post-madhyamik level and onwards at an educational institute in West Bengal after passing out from a state board, the council of secondary/higher secondary, Madrasah education or a state university.
- Institutions must also be located in West Bengal.
- The family income of your family should not be more than INR 2.5 Lakh.
The most important part of the application process is to upload the scanned documents. As mentioned earlier the size and format has to be strictly followed. The files that are to be uploaded must be in Pdf format not exceeding the 400 Kb size limit. There is a separate documentation procedure for Fresh and renewals applicants.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Fresh and Kanyashree Applicants:
- The Madhyamik Examination Marksheet or it’s equivalent. (Front & Back)
- Marksheets of previous qualifying examinations.
- Income certificate of the family.
- A domicile certificate by the concerned authority.
- Bank Passbook Copy (The first page which shows IFSC and Account No.)
- Renewal Applicants:
- Marksheet Copy of the last exam in the current course of study (Both sides)
- Receipt of Admission to the next Higher class.
Procedure to Apply Online For Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
Be sure to read “How to Write an Amazing Personal Statement” before applying for ANY SCHOLARSHIP.
To apply for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship you have to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Fill the Registration Form
- Enter details.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter Email.
- An applicant ID in the form of characters amounting to 15 digits is generated for the candidate after registration.
- Login with the generated Applicant ID and Password.
- Enter Captcha Code.
- Fill up the rest of the application forms.
The applicants are advised to fill up the rest of the form and upload the scanned copies of the Image and Signature and are requested to adhere to the format and size of the file.
- Image & Signature Format- JPG/JPEG
- Size of Image & Signature – 10KB-20KB
The applications for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship are accepted online through its official website’s homepage – SVMCM (V3.0). Depending on the category for which you are applying, the applications can be made on their respective hyperlink. However, for students belonging to minority communities, the applications are accepted through the official website of West Bengal Minorities’ Development & Finance Corporation. Also, you should keep this fact in mind that no hard copies of the applications are acceptable under this scheme.
Firstly, students will have to register on the Swami Vivekananda svmcm online portal before the last date. After successfully registering, eligible candidates can apply for scholarships of their choice by filling the online application form. Furthermore, aspiring scholars have only 2 months left to submit the form. The last date of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2021 will tentatively be in November 2021.
The government of West Bengal will release the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2021 (Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2021) application form in September 2021. Candidates need to fill the application form in the given time. Hence, they must fill it before the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2021 last date.
Candidates must submit the printout of their final application form to their respective School/Colleges.
Selection Process in Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
Since the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, it takes both your academic merit and financial need into consideration for the selection process be sure to read HOW TO QUICKLY PAY OFF YOUR STUDENT LOANS. The selection of the scholars is made through following steps:
- First, online applications are sorted.
- They are sorted initially in a descending order based on the marks secured and the income criteria of the student.
- The merit list will be generated accordingly.
- The merit list will be based on the availability of all documents submitted by the candidates
- Once the merit list is prepared, the scholarship is disbursed to students in their respective accounts, subject to the availability of all documents.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Award:
The amount of award that you will receive under Swami Vivekananda Scholarship scheme majorly depends upon the course or level of study you are currently pursuing. Generally, this scholarship amount may vary from INR 1,000 per month to INR 5,000 per month.
Rules to Avail Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
There are certain rules based on means to be followed when applying for the Swami Vivekananda MCM scholarship. As mentioned earlier, the scholarship caters to those students who has a family income of lesser than 2.5 lakhs. In the event of forgery or falsification of documents, it would be considered a grievous offense which would lead to the following consequences:
- The scholarship amount which has been credited to the beneficiary must be refunded immediately.
- The candidate would be forbidden to apply for governmental scholarships in the future.
- The legal provisions relevant to the current law would be imposed on the candidate.
The government of West Bengal will announce the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2021 Application Form in September 2021. This year, the authority made some changes. Unlike last year, Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2021 Application Form will be filled online. The word ‘digitization’ is finally understood by the government of West Bengal. As the scholarship provides the only one-time grant, students will have to re-apply for the scholarship continuation.