Mitchell scholarship was established in 1998 named to honor the former U.S senator Goerge J. Mitchell as an alliance between the United States of America and Ireland.
Mitchell scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarship programs across the country, it’s a program that helps young individuals over 300 annually across the globe. A recorded number of 453 scholars every year from all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
Criteria for eligibility requirements
- Students must be between the ages of 18-30 years old.
- Scholars must be citizens of the United States of America.
- Students must have a degree from an accredited college or university before applying to the institution.
- Applicants must have a strong academic achievement record from their various colleges or universities.
Mitchell scholarship benefits
Mitchell scholarships come with various annual benefits such as:
- Students accommodation.
- A stipend for living.
- Travel expenses.
Methods of applications and Acceptance Rate
The applications should be submitted online
- A passport photo is needed.
- All students transcripts must be scanned into a PDF/JPG/ PNG.
- A personal statement made by the student to express to Mitchell scholarship why you need to study with them and how it will benefit your future.
- Finally, students signatures should be scanned and sent along with all other documents listed above ( JPG, PNG, PDF).
Deadline for application for Mitchell scholarship program
- The deadline for applications for 2020 applicants is the 24th of September 2021, by 5 pm eastern time.
- The scholarship announcement commences on the 21st of November 2021.
- The closing date for applications is late September/early October of the preceding year.
- Application for Mitchell scholarship for 2022/2023 is now open, visit the website for more details on how to apply.
- Note that students applying for the Mitchell scholarship can also apply for other scholarship programs such as Marshall and the Rhodes, but if the offered final interview for Mitchell scholarship the student must withdraw from all other scholarship competitions, so we advise you make your choice on the scholarship you want most within the next 48hours.
- Also, an unsuccessful applicant from the previous year can reapply, by sending in new applications and materials needed.
- At the final stage, finalists must present official transcripts and proof of citizenship, either in a sealed envelope or a secured electronic version from the registrar.
- The scholarship is open to graduates, graduating students, and recent graduates.