HOW TO WRITE A SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY AND WIN BIG.
Every student, who is willing to enter a studies program, a special course or simply to win money in writing contests, will have to complete a scholarship essay. It is quite different from most of the tasks you have ever completed, as it won’t be read by the teacher, who is well aware of your weak and strong sides, and will be able to forgive some mistakes.
Such a paper will be evaluated by a committee, which has to choose one of many applicants, breaking dreams of hundreds of others. That is why you should understand what essay scholarships are about and what you need to do to succeed.
Remember, your essay should be around 500 words long, which means that you need to very brief and clear, when answering the given question. Your essay should consist of such sections, as:
- Body paragraphs
Scholarship essay should be informal, all you just need to make sure that you follow all the recommendations of the college or the administration. You need to make sure you do the following;
- One or two pages long;
- Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri fonts;
- Size of font should be 12
- One-inch margins on all of the sides.
To make sure you have all the tools for an outstanding paper, here are additional scholarships essay tips to consider:
- Start in advance. Make sure you have enough time to research the topic, make an outline and reread your essay several times. Try to have at least two-three weeks before the delivery date;
- Know your reader. You need to be sure that the audience will be genuinely interested in your topic. Take some time to research the audience and understand what it wants to read about;
- Brainstorm all the ideas. Make a list of the topics and subjects you find interesting and relevant, and then compare them. This will help you to choose the strongest topic;
- Be passionate about the subject. You won’t be able to write an outstanding essay if you don’t devote your soul to it. Make sure you are passionate about what you write and only then start working on the assignment;
- Always be personalized. It is not a research paper, so you have an outstanding opportunity to show your personality, aspirations and ideas. However, you should still stick to the plot and don’t sound too arrogant;
- Check your essay several times. You can either read it aloud, ask your friends or family members to read it for you or upload to special checking programs. Make sure you eliminate all the typos, mistakes and imperfections before delivering your essay.
If you want to succeed and understand how to write a scholarship essay, you should also get familiar with the most common mistakes. Lack of attention to instructions makes most writers ignore the little mistakes in their essay. Most of the students read the topic and start writing an essay at once, deciding not to waste time on understanding all the guidelines and demands while writing the essays, you need to pay attention to the little things and that would make you win big.